Associate Product Manager
San Diego, CA
The Associate Product Manager is a key stakeholder who will participate in product definition, product strategy, and company delivery to long-term goals. You will contribute to product planning and development that include customer goals and business requirements for product release. The ideal candidate will have experience with developing and supporting products or platform architectures in Cloud SaaS environments.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for secure cloud computing; who can serve as a strong advocate for our developer, corporate, and consumer customers. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, internet business experience, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You must have a deep understanding of customer needs, the competitive landscape and be able translate customer needs into features. The Associate Product Manager is collaborative, conducting and/or participating in hardware and software design reviews to ensure technical quality. Additionally, this candidate will be working in conjunction with software development team members to ensure timely delivery of new products and features.
- Participate in the continual design, development, and delivery of new products and product families focused on machine-to-cloud communications, creating innovative development environments and products for IIoT applications
- Clearly communicate tactical roadmaps, product plans, and ongoing issues; both internally and externally, to a variety of audiences from engineers to executives
- Define detailed design requirements to UX design team, for timely development of: information architecture, wireframes, annotations, prototypes, visual design, process flows, comps, mockups, and style guides
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and senior management to efficiently develop and ship product
- Test software developments and new releases to ensure quality and customer experience meets sensemetrics standards, and that developments accurately match original design and business requirements
- Contribute to the full lifecycle of applications from market requirements to product release; including but not limited to: concept, scope, specification, design, prioritization, implementation, business acceptance testing, deployment and maintenance
- Create and review content for customer support portals, user guides, quick-start sheets, product manuals, internal training, and marketing materials
- Establish and analyze metrics to ensure product success
- Provide new features and product training to Customer Success and Sales teams
- Foster an inclusive environment that shares knowledge and engages all peers in the company strategic vision
- Identify bottlenecks in existing processes, and drive solutions
- Significantly contribute to innovation and continuous improvements
- 2+ years of Product Management or Software development/QC experience within an enterprise SaaS, or data science/analytics focused business organization
- Strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Passionate about solving problems for customers and have the ability to define compelling products that address those needs.
- Understand modern SaaS technologies and platforms. You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams including engineering, marketing, sales and services to ensure a world-class customer experience
- Demonstrated productivity, you know how to identify the most important issues, prioritize your time and deliver results consistently
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to explain complex subject matter in an easy to understand language (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary to get things done – general manager / owner mentality
- Strong understanding of product lifecycle management, whole product strategies, and go-to-market strategies
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred
- Fast-paced startup environment experience or interest is a plus
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package, including meaningful equity ownership in the company
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.