Controller position for a high-growth, venture-backed, Industrial IoT (Internet of Things) company in Denver, CO (RiNo), and San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on Controller with previous experience in a SaaS environment with a global footprint. A working knowledge of inventory accounting and sales tax is also desired.
Reporting to the CFO and working with an Accounting Administrator, the Controller will oversee the accounting, human resources, and administrative functions. The Controller will work closely with the company’s Customer Success and Sales Teams, both working out of the Denver office and remotely, as well as with the CEO, located in the San Diego office.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s accounting and tax requirements
- Serve as focal point for all financial systems including system syncs and process flows; key systems include NetSuite and SaaSOptics.
- Conduct monthly close process and preparation of monthly financial statements (including journal entries and reconciliations) in a timely manner, and monthly reports with MD&A to the Board
- Work with third-party accounting firm to complete tax returns and related supporting deliverables (federal and state income tax filings)
- Process sales tax deposits and reporting for all jurisdictions
- Oversee cash management systems for the company, including setting up ACH/wire payments directly between NetSuite and company’s bank
- Oversee and assist with Accounts Payable (invoice entry and weekly check runs) and Accounts Receivable (invoice initiation and collections)
- Support the CFO and CEO with the international expansion of the company, including the establishment of international branches and/or subsidiaries; utilize NetSuite to maintain the books for non-US operations and manage local company advisors/accountants to ensure compliance with local accounting and tax requirements.
- Maintain and report on key SaaS metrics
- Work with CFO to update budget and medium-term forecasts for the company
- Prepare weekly updates to the 13-week cash forecast
- Oversee HR administration and payroll functions, using Gusto as the primary HRIS tool. Specific tasks include running semi-monthly payroll, overseeing the 401k and benefit administration service providers, etc.
- Onboard new employees
- Support the international expansion of the company by working with local advisors/PEO firm to support the hiring and payroll processes for the company’s expanding international team.
Administration and Other Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and oversight to Accounting Administrator
- Oversee landlord and other office related vendors to ensure an efficient work environment for all office and remote staff (i.e., laptops, phone and communications systems, furniture, etc)
- Assist with insurance renewals for the company
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Business,
- Previous experience as Accounting Manager or Controller with responsibility for closing the books on a monthly basis
- Experience with NetSuite, SaaSOptics, Salesforce, Expensify, Gusto, or similar system experience
- SaaS experience and experience with inventory and BOM accounting is desired
- Sales tax experience will be an asset, along with experience working in an international company
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage assignments from multiple team members.
- Position anticipated to be a hybrid role combing remote work and some time spent in Denver office
- Travel: 10% or less
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary: $100,000
- Hours: Full-Time
- Medical: 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Competitive total compensation package
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.