IoT Support Engineer
A technical position performing on-going review of new and existing product features, for development of succinct and easy to navigate knowledge base articles and tutorial videos for publication on the Company website. The successful candidate will demonstrate clean and direct technical writing skills and the ability to concisely communicate complicated and technical subject matter for consumption by non-technical but professional users.
Daily interactions will involve:
- coordination with the Product team regarding roadmap for scheduled feature releases
- development of assigned knowledge base articles and multimedia content
- providing support for Company clients engaging with published content
- Quickly understand new software and hardware features and develop detailed technical knowledge base articles.
- Provide technical troubleshooting and helpdesk support to clients worldwide.
- Accumulate client feedback and communicate product enhancement suggestions to company product manager(s).
- Provide remote support to sensemetrics engineering technicians performing field installations at projects sites across US and Canada.
- Document and communicate detailed technical information regarding product issues to company Support, Sales, and Product teams to promote swift resolution.
- Assist in the manufacture and testing of sensemetrics IoT devices, including but not limited to; PCB installation, hardware QA testing, and RMA processing.
- Maintain a positive relationship with clients, channel partners, and OEM sensor manufacturers throughout product troubleshooting engagements.
- Must be able to adapt to cross-functional team engineering and support responsibilities.
- Experience with document formatting and video editing skills preferred.
20% Product review and testing
50% Technical Writing and content development
20% Customer Support
10% Product manufacturing and testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering or related technical field
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a high attention to detail
- Experience playing an integral role on teams tasked with project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as project schedule(s) deem necessary
- Must be able to quickly understand our product offering and its capabilities
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Company 401K plan
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.