Regional Sales Manager: Mining
sensemetrics solves complex technical problems behind some of the most challenging problems confronting today’s mine owners and operators – including improving safety, reducing environmental impacts, and increasing operational efficiencies. Our IIoT and Cloud technologies have been deployed globally by many of the Top 40 mining companies to achieve these goals.
They leverage our platform to intelligently monitor real-time conditions across their operations allowing them to make data-driven decisions that meaningfully impact their performance on a day-to-day basis.
If you have a passion for building meaningful relationships that drive sales and creates business opportunities for a cutting edge, breakthrough technology company…
If you are a creative problem solver with a passion for reshaping the mining industry through smarter solutions…
If you enjoy the fast-paced lifestyle, are self-motivated, don’t require hand-holding and want to be part of a dynamic team…
This role has very clear requirements for success but a lot of flexibility to push boundaries and grow. You will receive ongoing support from management, but ultimately you are given the opportunity to do amazing things, to shape your own experience and to chart your own career path.
- Perform pre-sales activities and evangelizing of sensemetrics technology through customer presentations and technical product demonstrations for sensemetrics IoT connectivity devices, cloud software, and related support services.
- Educate target customers within the Australasian region as to the benefits of automation for condition monitoring and the sensemetrics value proposition as it applies to Slope Stability, Hydrology, Tailings and Environmental monitoring.
- Manage and interpret customer requirements, efficiently navigate complex RFQ/RFP processes and provide technical sales guidance based on customer needs.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans to meet or exceed total annual sales and margin objectives for the Australasian region.
- Pragmatically pursue and develop key mining accounts on all levels of the organization; corporate, mine management, procurement, engineering, and operations (we are looking for Hunters, not Farmers).
- Be the voice of the customer. Effectively champion customer requirements internally with product and support teams.
- Effectively manage the region’s sales budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental, or other technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience and existing client network within the Australian surface mining industry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in interfacing with customers and serve as the liaison between internal technical and product teams.
- Must be able to quickly understand our product offering (IIoT and Cloud) and pricing schedule.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as is necessitated by sales process requirements.
- Must be able to mobilize quickly to capitalize on new opportunities that may arise.
- 3+ years of direct experience with selling mining products as it relates to the automation of geotechnical, process, environmental and/or geospatial sensors.
- Experience with selling Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and/or other recurring revenue based products is preferred but not required.
- Travel: 50% (Preferred)
- Work Location: Australia, fully remote, on the road.
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.