Sales Director, Mining
San Diego, CA
sensemetrics solves complex technical problems behind some of the most challenging issues confronting today’s mine owners and operators – including improving safety, reducing environmental impacts, and increasing operational efficiencies. Our IIoT and Cloud technologies have been deployed globally by many of the Top 40 mining companies to achieve these goals.
Apply solid technical background and commercial experience as it relates to condition monitoring in geotechnical, environmental and geospatial applications for the effective sales of Cloud-based enterprise-level sensor management and data analytics solutions across the mining sector. Responsible for marketing, business development and sales for the global Company mining business unit.
- Will drive the large-scale adoption of sensemetrics mining solutions and apply engineering and business expertise to seek out opportunities for growth within new market segments (Australasia, Africa and China) and to continue growth within existing market segments (North America and South America) to drive large scale adoption of sensemetrics solutions globally.
- Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
- Develop mining vertical marketing initiatives and provide direction and oversight to marketing team in delivery of social media, tradeshow, and PR campaigns.
- Develop industry and company-specific SaaS metrics to help the company increase customer value.
- Recommend improved systems and processes to customers, based on a deep understanding of the client’s requirements and product information and direct company product team in execution of feature creation or improvements that meet customer requirements as they pertain to condition monitoring in geotechnical, environmental, and geospatial applications.
- Provide detailed Cost Benefit Analysis or Return on Investment exercises, following up with generating custom technical proposals based on a deep understanding of the client’s requirements.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain Company products and services to existing customers and prospective customers.
- Arrange for technical demonstrations and trial installations.
- Maintain sales forecasting reports and document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Liaise with sensor manufacturing companies active within the mining sector.
- Apply demonstrated industry thought leadership and the ability to represent the company at technical conferences/seminars as it pertains to condition monitoring in geotechnical, environmental, and geospatial applications.
- Manage complex sales processes from introductory proposals delivered to top level personnel through to negotiation and contract execution.
- Manage high level business relationships with key end user accounts and contacts within the mining industry.
- Understand current business complexities, and hold ability to take advantage of technology, tools and trends to achieve overall Company goals.
- Participate in drafting prospective budgets and assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, and determining the cost effectiveness of prospective products and services (this will include working with other key business stakeholders to ensure financial and operational success through cost-benefit analysis).
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through to successful execution.
- Assist and communicate with Company executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation.
- Apply excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills. Use team working approach to challenges and opportunities. Apply well-developed planning and organizational skills along with solid technical background and experience across the mining sector. Apply excellent written and oral communication skills including technical proposal writing and public presentations.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Perform related professional responsibilities as required. Apply enthusiastic and creative approach to problem-solving. Lead team of 2-6.
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Geotechnical Engineering or related technical field.
- Master’s degree/foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Management, or related field.
- The successful candidate will hold 7 years of experience in technical sales within the mining industry, with demonstrated experience in direct and indirect sales (channel management) in key international mining markets including two of the following: Australasia, Africa or China.
- Requires 5 years of experience developing marketing and sales strategies for geotechnical, environmental and geospatial applications, including remote sensing monitoring technology within the mining sector.
- Requires 5 years of experience working in an early stage/ high growth phase company to build and execute growth strategies in order to take a new product to a global mining market in new geographic regions (Australasia, Africa, China).
- Requires 2 peer reviewed articles/papers regarding condition monitoring in geotechnical, environmental, and geospatial applications to confirm ability to represent the company at technical conferences/seminars.
- Experience may be gained concurrently.
Great work environment. We are a creative and passionate team re-defining the industries that we serve
- Compensation: Salary, Market competitive
- Health Benefits: 99% company paid employee medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage and 50% company paid qualifying dependent medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Travel: Up to 50%, U.S. and International
- Work location: San Diego, California, USA
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.