San Diego, CA
sensemetrics team members solve the hard technical problems at the intersection of Big Data & IoT for major mining, energy, power, water, and infrastructure firms. Our innovations and approach constantly evolve alongside changes in the capabilities of the underlying hardware and software that we build upon, generating cutting edge solutions to increasingly complex challenges. Our technologies have already been deployed by Fortune 100 companies to transform data into insights that make the world safer, cleaner, and more efficient at a massive scale.
The creativity, drive, and passion of sensemetrics team members makes it possible to deliver the highest impact solutions, and we are seeking to expand our team with individuals who desire to share this journey.
This position is responsible for helping to ensure the accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of general ledger transactions. This position will participate in a variety of financial functions including month-end closing, financial reporting, forecasting/modeling and other administrative functions.
Qualified candidate will utilize their technical and operational accounting experience and skills to provide the following support:
- Manage a team of accountants to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Assist with month-end close procedures
- Perform basic accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Month-end balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis
- Produce yearly budget and quarterly forecast updates
- Assist with budget versus actual variance analysis
- Other duties, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Approximately three years of accounting experience; combination of public accounting /private industry experience is ideal
- CPA certification strongly desired
- Market competitive total compensation package, including equity ownership in the company
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Company 401k plan
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.