sensemetrics is solving the hard technical problems at the intersection of Big Data & IoT for major mining, energy, power, water, and infrastructure firms. Several Fortune 100 companies deploy our technology.
We are a small engineering team with room to expand in a large ecosystem. We like to have fun too! We are seeking smart people to join the sensemetrics team. You must be prepared to take some ownership in every step of the process. Bring your thinking cap, bring your work-ethic, and bring your smile. We are seeking to expand our team with individuals who desire to share this journey.
- Develop software systems for a fast-growing, disruptive Big Data & IoT company
- Take ownership of key products and features—from software design to project planning and deployment
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences
- Capable of writing unit/integration tests using tools such as JUnit and Mockito
- Familiarity with dependency injection frameworks, such as Guice/Spring
- Strong multi-threading experience in Java
- Experience with git, maven, Jenkins, Guava
- Experience with GWT (Google Web Toolkit) a plus
- Computer science major or at least 2 years experience architecting, designing, and developing software systems
- Knowledge of software design & architecture, proficient in at least one language
- At least one of the following: code samples, previous project experience, academic papers, or personal references
- An appreciation for beautiful, modular code
- Strong proficiency with Java
Along with the above, a good candidate will have:
- Experience in a cloud environment, including production support and operations issues.
- Good understanding of security best practices in application development.
- Experience with modular, maintainable UI development (including Angular framework).
- Experience with SQL, noSQL style data stores and familiarity with database trade-offs.
- Market competitive total compensation package, including equity ownership in the company
- 99% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Company 401k plan
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.