Technical Account Manager: Mining
sensemetrics solves complex technical problems behind some of the most challenging problems confronting today’s mine owners and operators – including improving safety, reducing environmental impacts, and increasing operational efficiencies. Our IIoT and Cloud technologies have been deployed globally by many of the Top 40 mining companies to achieve these goals.
They leverage our platform to intelligently monitor real-time conditions across their operations allowing them to make data-driven decisions that meaningfully impact their performance on a day-to-day basis.
If you have a passion for establishing deep technical relationships through bridging the gap between operational requirements and business outcomes…
If you are a creative problem solver with a passion for reshaping the mining industry through smarter solutions…
If you enjoy the fast-paced lifestyle, are self-motivated, don’t require hand-holding and want to be part of a dynamic team…
This role has very clear requirements for success but a lot of flexibility to push boundaries and grow. You will receive ongoing support from management, but ultimately you are given the opportunity to do amazing things, to shape your own experience and to chart your own career path.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) helps Mining customers find greater value with their sensemetrics Platform subscriptions by understanding customer problems and figuring out how sensemetrics’ technology can create business impact. The TAM will learn their environments, build relationships with engineers, give advice on how to setup and configure the platform, provide delta training sessions (new features & SAAS modules) and visit them on-site a few times a year.
Through all of this, the TAM works hard to avoid a fire fighting situation, by proactively addressing potential areas of concern for customers before they arise and streamlining customer operations to improve efficiency and accelerate business growth. The TAM makes recommendations based on their recognizing a customer’s current and future internet technology needs during their continued business relationship. The TAM will be required to:
- Support the Regional Sales Manager(s) by leading the management of technical relationships between the customer and sensemetrics.
- Support the Regional Sales Manager with POCs through customer engagement by gathering project requirements, reviewing the ROIs, business goals and analyzing the gaps & perceived objections involved in full solution adoption.
- Own the overall Customer Journey from Onboarding to Expansion calling upon others to assist in tactical service delivery, solution development and troubleshooting. Work cross-departmentally to find solutions to complex scenarios and implementation issues.
- Establish regular cadence (weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) with each assigned client, to review implementation.
- Arrange customer enablement and solution overview workshops, helping customers leverage the full power of the sensemetrics platform by demonstrating leadership in new feature and technology adoption.
- Translate business requirements into business value by working with clients to build success plans, establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals. Identify and/or develop up-sell opportunities.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of our solution and services.
- Measure and monitor customers achievement of critical and key performance indicators, reporting both internally and externally back to the customer.
- Effectively communicate to the customer by means of presentations/reports detailing the recent applications, new applications, proactive and reactive initiatives undertaken.
- Map complex or technical business requirements to clear technical solutions, with the ability to connect all necessary aspects of sensemetrics and common integrated solutions into optimal workflows.
- Help drive the Mining team’s overall expertise and technical thought leadership through published papers, speaking at technical conferences and contributing to newsletters.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, environmental, or other technical discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years experience and existing client network within the surface mining industry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have a high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in interfacing with customers and serve as the liaison between internal technical and product teams
- Must be able to quickly understand our product offering (IIoT and Cloud) and pricing schedule.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as is necessitated by client requirements.
- 2+ years of direct experience with an engineering consultancy firm with a focus on the mining industry as it relates to the areas of Slope Stability, Dewatering, Tailings, or Environmental Monitoring.
- Travel: 50% (Preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish will be an advantage.
- Work Location: Denver, Colorado, USA
sensemetrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as sensemetrics does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.